Rice University - Houston, Texas
Barbara and David Gibbs
Recreation and Wellness Center
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Lower Body Speed & Power Secrets - Functional Yoga Training
- Shorten recovery time with a critical three part breathing technique to double your endurance and lung capacity
- Find the quickest route to explosiveness off the bench with a simple two part standing and seated yoga sequence
- Get dynamic speed increases using a specialized three part series of yoga based lunges
- Experience faster running speeds with customized hip opening yoga sequences to release your tight hamstrings
- Learn the counterintuitive practice you need to master that will keep your energy levels up and speed healing and repair during a grueling season
Julie’s Lower Body Speed and Power Secrets Workshop is appropriate for beginners, athletes, coaches, trainers as well as advanced yoga students and yoga teachers.
Julie Downey is a pioneer in the field of targeted yoga training for sports performance. She's been teaching specialized yoga techniques to elite athletes and professional and college sports teams since 2004. Her instruction addresses the unique needs athletes have for increasing speed, strength, flexibility and stamina while reducing the incidence of injury. Find out how Julie can help you bring in the missing link Speed and Power Secrets to your strength and conditioning program.